Laser engraving is the way if you’ve ever wanted to add a personal touch to your leather goods. Laser engraving is a process of using a concentrated beam of light to burn away a top layer of material, revealing the layer beneath. In this case, we’ll use a laser engraver for etching a design into leather.
- Choose your design. The first step is to decide what your engraving looks like. If you’re unsure, there are plenty of resources online where you can find inspiration, or you can always hire a professional designer to create a custom design for you.
- Prep your leather. Once you have your design, the next step is to prep your leather. This involves cleaning the surface of the leather so that the engraving will be clean and clear. You’ll also want to ensure that the area you’re working in is well-ventilated, as the fumes from the engraving process can be harmful.
- Set up your engraver. Once your leather is prepped and ready to go, it’s time to set up your engraver. This includes ensuring the power supply is properly connected and the laser beam is aligned with the area you want to engrave.
- Engrave your design. Once everything is set up, you can begin engraving your design into the leather. Start by tracing the outline of your design with the laser beam, then fill in the details until your design is complete.
- Finish up. When you’re finished engraving, it’s important to unplug your engraver and allow the area to air out before touching it or moving it around too much. This will help prevent accidents or injuries while the area is still hot from the laser beam.
Laser engraving is a great way to add a personal touch to your leather goods. By following these simple steps, you can easily create beautiful, one-of-a-kind designs that will make your leather goods stand out from the rest!